POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Ruined Place - WIP 3 : Re: Ruined Place - WIP 3 Server Time
2 Aug 2024 04:25:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ruined Place - WIP 3
From: Warp
Date: 15 Feb 2008 13:12:35
Message: <47b5d613$1@news.povray.org>
nemesis wrote:
> you know, from those photos, I think the problem is partially that
> povray doesn't support mip-mapping of textures and anisotropic
> filtering.

  By definition procedural textures and mip-mapping do not mix.
Mip-mapping is exclusively related to bitmap textures.

  In theory the same effect (although much slower) can be achieved with
procedural textures by using a very heavy antialiasing. OTOH, that
doesn't always remove all moire-patterns, though.