POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Ruined Place - WIP 3 : Re: Ruined Place - WIP 3 Server Time
2 Aug 2024 04:20:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ruined Place - WIP 3
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 15 Feb 2008 08:40:22
Message: <47b59646$1@news.povray.org>
"nemesis" <nam### [at] nospamgmailcom> schreef in bericht

> hmm, I didn't notice it was used.  If it's the default, then it is already
> very smooth and very slight, I don't think it's causing artifacts.  Is
> ambient 0 for all objects other than sky?  The shadow areas are too flat,
> there should be some occlusion effect along edges and groves...

Ambient 0 for objects is standard in all my scenes.

> I really think the texture makes it all look too grainy.  Perhaps some
> slight camera blur in the distance would make some of it go away?

Interestingly, what makes the graininess go away is to put the sun behind
the camera :-)  The more dramatic lighting effect is thereby lost somewhat
of course, but the stone shows off better. I shall upload an example as soon
as the render is done.

Thomas