POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Ruined Place - WIP 3 : Re: Ruined Place - WIP 3 Server Time
2 Aug 2024 04:16:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ruined Place - WIP 3
From: nemesis
Date: 15 Feb 2008 08:02:29
Message: <47b58d65$1@news.povray.org>
Thomas de Groot wrote:
> well, the radiosity used is mainly default and it may enhance artifacts
> here. Maybe that is the reason.

hmm, I didn't notice it was used.  If it's the default, then it is
already very smooth and very slight, I don't think it's causing
artifacts.  Is ambient 0 for all objects other than sky?  The shadow
areas are too flat, there should be some occlusion effect along edges
and groves...

I really think the texture makes it all look too grainy.  Perhaps some
slight camera blur in the distance would make some of it go away?