POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : office supplies - ink bottle : Re: office supplies - ink bottle Server Time
2 Aug 2024 04:19:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: office supplies - ink bottle
From: Chris B
Date: 15 Feb 2008 07:57:31
Message: <47b58c3b@news.povray.org>
"Jim Charter" <jrc### [at] msncom> wrote in message
> Chris B wrote:

> Also in this test I generated two additional separate layers of
> triangles to serve as the actually label.  This was so that the inside
> of the label could be given a separate texture.  In this test a soft
> grey color.

Applying a separate texture to the back is something I still need to do with
my macros. At the moment the main pattern still shows through on the back. I
figure it should be straight forward to generate two concentric labels of a
very slightly different thickness with a different design for the inside.

Here's where I've gotten to with the bevelled polyhedron shaped label.
Control settings are used to specify the top and bottom diameters, the
number of sides and the bevel width/corner roundness. This avoids the need
for uv-mapping and means that you can change the dimensions of the label
without dramatically distorting features on the design.

Each surface can have it's own design elements, but anything that extends
beyond the surface will also wrap around onto the surfaces on either side
(like the words "blue writing" on this image).

I'd be interested in getting my macros to generate labels directly onto your
bottles. I suspect the colour intensity issues would be easier to fix that
way. I could send you a copy of my macros if you'd like. They should be
simple to use, there's an include file containing 8 settings to adjust the
shape and size of the label based on the dimensions of the target object.
Once that's set up you just include it and run the Labeller macro from your
scene file and scale/translate/rotate to taste.

Regards,
Chris B.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'pricepentagon.jpg' (15 KB) Download 'price.jpg' (9 KB)

Preview of image 'pricepentagon.jpg'
pricepentagon.jpg

Preview of image 'price.jpg'
price.jpg