POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Forest macro 2 : Re: Forest macro 2 [800KB] Server Time
2 Aug 2024 06:17:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Forest macro 2 [800KB]
From: William Tracy
Date: 14 Feb 2008 20:57:38
Message: <47b4f192$1@news.povray.org>
Nicolas Alvarez wrote:
> Well, I changed the random seeds, so I'm probably not seeing the same
> landscape as you.

The random seeds shouldn't affect that.

I was having trouble posing those particular machines, so I added some
blob shapes to make the ground effectively conform to their legs (rather
than posing the legs to conform to the ground). The tree placement macro
doesn't take those blobs into account, and any trees landing in those
places will intersect the blobs.

Do a quick render without any trees or bushes, and you'll clearly see
the extra objects. I hand-placed some bush clumps to hide the line where
they intersect the landscape mesh. ;-)

--
William Tracy
afi### [at] gmailcom -- wtr### [at] calpolyedu

Who could pollute the entire world?
     -- Nausicaa