POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Tracing Secondary Rays : Re: Tracing Secondary Rays Server Time
28 Apr 2024 23:40:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tracing Secondary Rays
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 14 Feb 2008 10:01:43
Message: <47b457d7$1@news.povray.org>
Pfingstei wrote:
> So I would assume that POV Ray just adds diffuse reflection components of
> primary and secondary rays without any weighting. Am I right with this
> assumption?

The weight is managed in a weight list, which is a bit complicated (and not
really necessary, but that is another story). Either way, the texturing code
manages that, but it also is used for secondary rays. The 3.7 source code
might be a bit easier to follow in this regard (there you can also see why
the list is not needed ... in case anybody wants to change that, I have some
details about it which I should probably post somewhere).

	Thorsten