POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Weird problem : Re: Weird problem Server Time
19 May 2024 14:31:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Weird problem
From: Maxime Marrow
Date: 13 Feb 2008 09:01:30
Message: <47b2f83a@news.povray.org>
omniverse wrote:
> Hi Maxime.
> Have you tried changing Compatibility options? Right-click the program then
> select Properties, finally Compatibility tab. You could try setting to XP,
> and/or try Disable Themes.

Thanks for the suggestion. I started POV-Ray in compatibility mode for
Windows XP. I was able to switch VMWware virtual machine in fullscreen,

Next, I started POV-Ray without using compatibility mode and tested
DirectDraw from DirectX Diagnostic Tool (dxdiag). It passed the test.
Then I maximized POV-Ray and ran the test again. This time it failed:

I started POV-Ray again and after that I was able to start DOS-Box in

tried to run DOS-Box again but it refused to switch to fullscreen.

The video card is ATI Radeon 9600 and it seems to work fine.

Thank you,
Maxime