POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Man of the Ages (100k jpeg) : Re: Man of the Ages (100k jpeg) Server Time
2 Aug 2024 04:23:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Man of the Ages (100k jpeg)
From: stbenge
Date: 12 Feb 2008 16:11:21
Message: <47b20b79@news.povray.org>
Jeremy M. Praay wrote:
> "stbenge" <stb### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> It's been a while since I've posted an image to these newsgroups. I can
>> never seem to finish my projects...
>
> Me neither.  :-)

Here's another idea (even though the RSOCP idea hasn't taken off yet).
Why don't we make a vast, virtual storehouse of unfinished projects?
Each object can be placed on shelves, each scaled down to about one unit
(without stretching). Each member of the community can render a portion
of the scene, based on the number of volunteers and individual computer
specs. Of course, we would need some way of handling memory consumption.

>> Questions and comments are welcome, as always~
>
> I love this!  The "formation" has a lot of character built into it, but it
> still leaves the viewer believing that it's just a natural rock formation.
> Nothing appears to be "man-made" or artificial.  Very nice.

Thanks! I can see area for improvement, such as the left portion of the
face. I see aliasing :(

Sam