POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Dragon : Re: Dragon Server Time
1 Aug 2024 22:18:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Dragon
From: stbenge
Date: 12 Feb 2008 15:52:51
Message: <47b20723@news.povray.org>

http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/message/%3Cweb.4729e37fb6546248731f01d10%40news.povray.org%3E/#%3Cweb.472
> 9e37fb6546248731f01d10%40news.povray.org%3E

I knew what you meant, and I think it's a mistake to exclude the non-air
index of refraction. The post you showed me (Bill's) looks like wax,
though I won't claim to be innocent of producing such an effect. Your
render looks like fine glass or opal. To remove the 1+ ior from the
equation would be to reduce the quality of this fine render.

> Where the edges may show straight through.  With it, you might get total
> internal reflection and some odd artifacts that go with it.  No-win.

I disagree. The ior looks much more realistic! And the long render time
involved? You got through this render, didn't you? ;)

Your image is now on my desktop :)

Sam