POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : DKBTrace images - tomb.jpg : Re: DKBTrace images - tomb.jpg Server Time
1 Aug 2024 22:20:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: DKBTrace images - tomb.jpg
From: Rick Gutleber
Date: 11 Feb 2008 15:12:06
Message: <47b0ac16$1@news.povray.org>
IIRC, the POV version of this was the first thing I tried to render
large on my 386 (large being 320x240 or so).

About a week later, when in the process of purchasing a new 486 machine,
I made it a point of getting a 486DX instead of a 486SX specifically for
POV-Ray, which was version 0.5 at the time (this was around May or June
1992).

The same image that took about 8 hours on a 386-20 without a 387 ran in
about 5 minutes on a 486DX-50.  Nowadays, my phone has more processing
power.

When I bought the 486, my girlfriend (now my wife of almost 15 years)
was so impressed that I wanted to spend the evening with her rather than
my spankin' new computer.  All these years later we both park in the
family room with our laptops.  :-)