POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : It's been a {FILTERED} year now. : Re: It's been a {FILTERED} year now. Server Time
6 May 2024 15:06:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: It's been a {FILTERED} year now.
From: [GDS|Entropy]
Date: 11 Feb 2008 01:46:55
Message: <47afef5f$1@news.povray.org>
Hello,

While I have never attempted to use the .NET framework on linux, I
understand it is possible, and seems to be growing in popularity.
Hell, I'd be willing to give it a shot.

Like I said, I am more than willing to throw in my share of code on this.
I *do* have most of the code needed for the features I laid out sitting on
my hdd in chunks right now from other projects and web apps I've built.

Note that I do not want to be the only one working on this though!
(bathed in gastly light from the baleful eye of the entire pov community)
:-D

It would be nice to get a few devs together and establish some sort of
consensus on the lang/platform/db/framework to be used(*without* infinite
debate), and throw some code together in a quick/dirty/small proof of
concept, and then go from there.  Sort of a feasibility study.

You know where I am going with the operation of the site, and know where my
vote is cast.

I can be of most use to the project if it uses .NET, but honestly I don't
even care if the app is written in sumerian slashed into the burning flesh
of the damned by Abezithibod himself...

I just want the IRTC back and wouldn't at all mind helping. :-p

So whats next? :-)

Ian

"Chris Cason" <del### [at] deletethistoopovrayorg> wrote in
message news:47afa4a2$1@news.povray.org...