POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Geometric fractal tree : Re: Geometric fractal tree Server Time
2 Aug 2024 00:17:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Geometric fractal tree
From: William Tracy
Date: 10 Feb 2008 14:57:39
Message: <47af5733$1@news.povray.org>
Archpawn wrote:
> How would I have a fractal landscape (with visible triangles so you could tell
> it was a fractal landscape) and an infinitely long coastline? I suppose I could
> make the border of the ocean slightly above the actual floor and have
> no_shadows, so you can't quite tell. Is there any way I could make it so you
> can see the ocean through the ground so I don't have to bother making the ocean
> a little above?

I don't entirely follow how you're implementing the landscape fractal.

In a pinch, you could make the land and sea one object, and use a
texture map to give the water a shiny blue texture. I'm not sure if that
helps you at all.

--
William Tracy
afi### [at] gmailcom -- wtr### [at] calpolyedu

[Earth] is the largest planet in the world.
     -- Wikipedia