POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : office supplies - ink bottle : Re: office supplies - ink bottle Server Time
1 Aug 2024 22:22:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: office supplies - ink bottle
From: Jim Charter
Date: 10 Feb 2008 07:47:41
Message: <47aef26d@news.povray.org>
[GDS|Entropy] wrote:
> Yo,
Yo

> Dunno about meshes, but with "solid" pov primitives, it should work...

Yes, in fact the bottles *are* meshes and that is roughly how I did it
in the picture. I used a plane for the intersection but a box would
probably have been more efficient. Mesh will do CSG if an inside_vector
is defined.  But the larger question was about the possibility of
keeping the level of the ink physically accurate for a constant volume.
  The ink bottle portrayed is a bottle for 'tusche' which is a heavy
gloppy sort of ink, like India ink, and it does tend to dry and cake
onto the inside of the bottle.  Because I am controlling the generation
of the mesh in a loop anyway it should be possible to apply a procedural
texture to just the interior part of the bottle and get something close.