POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : office supplies - ink bottle : Re: office supplies - ink bottle Server Time
1 Aug 2024 22:22:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: office supplies - ink bottle
From: Chris B
Date: 10 Feb 2008 04:16:45
Message: <47aec0fd$1@news.povray.org>
"Jim Charter" <jrc### [at] msncom> wrote in message

> Ink bottles also can have labels which is another issue I am struggling
> with.  Though it should be possible to generate some uv coordinates for
> simple cases.

Hi Jim,

I've been working on a label generator over the last few days. The objects I
sent in for the 'office supplies' subject both needed labels, so I took the
code I wrote for them to make a generic labelling system. As of this morning
it generates either flat or cylindrical labels using layers of pigment to
incorporate combinations of POV-Ray objects and image maps.

By coincidence, yesterday I was thinking about how to do labels for rounded
boxes/superellipsoids though I haven't coded that up yet. I was thinking of
using the width, the depth and the roundness of the corners to control the
shape of a label. The label width would control how far around the sides of
the container the label stretched. Any ideas for anything that might make it
more useful to you?

Regards,
Chris B.