POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : office supplies - ink bottle : Re: office supplies - ink bottle Server Time
1 Aug 2024 22:20:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: office supplies - ink bottle
From: [GDS|Entropy]
Date: 10 Feb 2008 02:33:15
Message: <47aea8bb$1@news.povray.org>
Yo,

Just a quick guess, but as far as maintaining same level as if gravity, even
with rotation:
Have a solid section of "ink" and a solid bottle equal in size to the
interior of the bottle, and just use csg intersection textured to be "ink"..
For volume adjustment, obviously one would simply raise or lower the solid
"ink", which would then have intersection performed on it.

While possessing no fluid dynamics, I think the effect would be sufficient.

Dunno about meshes, but with "solid" pov primitives, it should work...

Now using media or blobs or something to accurately simulate fluid dynamics,
like if you shook the thing up....well someone else can figure that one
out...lol!!

Ian