POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : DKBTrace images - dish.jpg : DKBTrace images - dish.jpg Server Time
1 Aug 2024 22:21:05 EDT (-0400)
  DKBTrace images - dish.jpg
From: David Buck
Date: 9 Feb 2008 22:23:27
Message: <47ae6e2f@news.povray.org>
This scene was designed by Aaron Collins, IIRC.  It clearly shows that
he wasn't any better an artist than I was :-).  It was actually to show
that we could model parabolic shapes.  Early versions of DKBTrace could
render only quadric shapes of the form:

	Ax^2 + By^2 + Cz^2
	+ Dxy + Eyz + Fxz
	+ Gx + Hy +Iz + J = 0

This is a superset of spheres, planes, paraboloids, hyperboloids, cones,
  and cylinders so it made it easy to model all of these with only one
primitive.  By DKBTrace 2.12 we had added planes, spheres and triangles
as optimizations plus quartics (4th order shapes) submitted by Alexander
Enzmann.

David Buck

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: