POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.general : No more IRTC? : Re: No more IRTC? Server Time
1 Jun 2024 11:27:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: No more IRTC?
From: St
Date: 9 Feb 2008 19:00:52
Message: <47ae3eb4@news.povray.org>
"Larry Hudson" <org### [at] yahoocom> wrote in message
> St. wrote:
>> "B. Gimeno" <nomail@nomail> wrote in message

>>>I lament it, but this substitute is not able to replace the spirit of the
>>>original aid. It's an opiniation, the proposed subjects are not as "open"
>>>as
>>>long ago because usually they are based on unknown works that stops most
>>>of the
>>>non-english-speakers users of POV-Ray. Resignation.
>>

>>     Thanks for your support. For what it's worth, and in my
>> understanding, the IRTC is on "hiatus".
>>
>>      I'll make sure the next topic is "Glass" - now that *should* bring
>> about 186+ entries in.
>>
>>      ~Steve~
>
> Slightly different question/comment:  Since the TC-RTC like the IRTC is
> open to all renderers, is there anything being done to publicize it in the
> non-POV-Ray world?  If so, ignore my comment.  I'm only familiar with
> POV-Ray myself, but I like the idea of these competitions being open to
> all  (And as to familiarity, my knowledge/ability is "spotty" at best, and
> I've never entered either IRTC or TC-RTC.  I'm just a lurker in these, but
> I like to see all the great work being done.)     ;-)

     Hey, thanks for your observations, much appreciated, lurker or not. ;)

  Well, as for promoting the site, to be honest, no, I haven't promoted it
yet. This is for a reason, and that reason is that I want to make sure
everyone is happy with the voting and commenting code, so that it works
properly. So far, so good - no complaints. This is the last round where I
judge this, so I should be promoting the TC-RTC  soon.

   Anyway, I know what I have to do, but it still may take some time to hold
Googles' hand.  :/

      ~Steve~