POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Forest macro 2 : Re: Forest macro 2 Server Time
2 Aug 2024 00:12:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Forest macro 2
From: Nekar Xenos
Date: 9 Feb 2008 01:48:21
Message: <47ad4cb5@news.povray.org>
Lovely.

I've been thinking about how trees are distributed and I've noticed that in
RL  the dense growth tend to be in the valleys and "dents" and of course
along streams and rivers. I think this has to do with how water flows when
it rains and tends to accumulate in puddles obviousley carrying any loose
seeds with it. Maybe an easy way to simulate this is by giving lower
altitudes a higher denstiy and higher probabilty of clumps.

Keep up the good work!

"William Tracy" <wtr### [at] calpolyedu> wrote in message

> While I'm posting, is anyone besides Sven interested in my landscape
> mesh generator program? I didn't originally intend to distribute the
> program, since Terragen and Geomorph are both already free and much more
> full-featured. However, if people are interested (one person does not
> count as "people") I'll try to clean up the program and put it online.

I'm interested. Especialy because it's done in Pov-Ray :)

--
-Nekar Xenos-