POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Motecarlo path tracing with MegaPov 1.2.1 : Re: Motecarlo path tracing with MegaPov 1.2.1 Server Time
2 Aug 2024 16:27:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Motecarlo path tracing with MegaPov 1.2.1
From: William Tracy
Date: 8 Feb 2008 21:27:31
Message: <47ad0f93$1@news.povray.org>
karpov wrote:
> Povray is not dead !!!!
>
> could you provide the patch ??

Well, I don't see anything in these images that Povray isn't capable of.
What makes these images amazing to me is more the artistic talent that
went into them.

That's really the main problem Povray has had--it's very technical, and
has the unfortunate tendency to scare away a lot of talented artists
(Gilles Tran notwithstanding!).

Perhaps with Pov4 we can work on having better Blender integration like
Yafray has.

--
William Tracy
afi### [at] gmailcom -- wtr### [at] calpolyedu

There are no problems which cannot be solved by judicious use of high
explosives.
    -- British commando, circa WWII