POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : I call it "Greener" : Re: I call it "Greener" Server Time
2 Aug 2024 00:13:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I call it "Greener"
From: Warp
Date: 8 Feb 2008 08:58:45
Message: <47ac6015$1@news.povray.org>
ADK wrote:
> Used meshes initially for the grass, but for some
> reason 16 million blades of grass were still being parsed an hour later...

  The trick for very fast and efficient mesh grass is to create one or
more rectangular patches of grass (ie. one such rectangular patch is one
mesh) and then copy that patch all over. Creating such a rectangular
patch should not take many seconds, and copying hundreds of times
shouldn't either.

> Any recommendations, suggestions, criticisms?

  Are those supposed to be clouds? If yes, the perspective is wrong.
Looks more like smoke raising from the ground.