POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Motecarlo path tracing with MegaPov 1.2.1 : Re: Motecarlo path tracing with MegaPov 1.2.1 Server Time
2 Aug 2024 14:18:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Motecarlo path tracing with MegaPov 1.2.1
From: Nicolas Alvarez
Date: 7 Feb 2008 07:56:51
Message: <47ab0013$1@news.povray.org>

>   Indeed, it would be very nice if it can be saved-loaded as the
> radiosity or photons data.

I have only ever used one renderer of this "kind" (WinOSi). That one is
probably quite feature-less compared to others. And it lets me not only
save the data, but also, *merge* files.

Process two hours on two different computers, merge the files, and
you'll get half the noise in the same time, just as if you had processed
it for four hours.