POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Motecarlo path tracing with MegaPov 1.2.1 : Re: Motecarlo path tracing with MegaPov 1.2.1 Server Time
2 Aug 2024 12:23:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Motecarlo path tracing with MegaPov 1.2.1
From: Severi Salminen
Date: 6 Feb 2008 04:58:26
Message: <47a984c2@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:

>   So you basically do the exact same thing that the current radiosity
> code does, but without the optimizations? (The current radiosity method
> *uses* the monte-carlo method, with optimizations.)
>
>   I really fail to see the advantage.

I can at least see that there are big differences in the images posted
to this thread - of course, that doesn't necessarily mean anything. And
I like images done with Fidos's patch the most. It would be interesting
to see if one could achieve identical lighting with Povray's radiosity.
The stupid thing is that you have to tweak the settings so much - with
brute force you just...wait :)