POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Motecarlo path tracing with MegaPov 1.2.1 : Re: Motecarlo path tracing with MegaPov 1.2.1 Server Time
2 Aug 2024 10:18:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Motecarlo path tracing with MegaPov 1.2.1
From: Severi Salminen
Date: 6 Feb 2008 04:54:07
Message: <47a983bf@news.povray.org>
fidos wrote:
>> I started with the untextured version (normally used for radiosity pass).
> Here the same scene but with texture.
>
> Any comments wellcome.

I'm very impressed with the results! So much more natural lighting than
the original with Povray's radiosity - at least with the settings
Piqueres used here:

http://www.ignorancia.org/uploads/images/thekitchen/wips/thekitchen-29.jpg

I've been following the work with WinOSI but it seems that the
development is halted. And as it is written in assemply I don't see any
future in any case :)

But please keep on working with this patch as the results are so good!
Could you post a comparison renders from various scenes with hi quality
radiosity settings. And report the actual rendering time.

I also guess that it should be very easy to parallelize Monte Carlo path
 tracing to take advantage of multiple CPU cores.