POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : RSoCP : Re: RSoCP Server Time
2 Aug 2024 00:18:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: RSoCP
From: Rick Gutleber
Date: 5 Feb 2008 13:48:25
Message: <47a8af79$1@news.povray.org>
bluetree wrote:

> Wow the pictures look nice.
> Do you also plan to model spaceships belonging to it?

It would be nice.  I have a small fighter-type spaceship, but nothing else.

> Can these light spots glow in the dark?

Yes, they are all ambient textures.  They are not actual light sources
though.

> A lot of details and these antennas. :-)

Yes, there is a lot of detail.  The whole thing is generated by a
program, so I can modify quite a few parameters, and I end up with
about 500000 lines of include files to feed into POV-Ray.  That render
took about an hour.  I'm sure there are ways I could speed it up.

Interestingly, I threw it into the POV-Ray 3.7 beta but it was rendering
about 10x _slower_.  I have no idea why.