POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Motecarlo path tracing with MegaPov 1.2.1 : Re: Motecarlo path tracing with MegaPov 1.2.1 Server Time
2 Aug 2024 10:23:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Motecarlo path tracing with MegaPov 1.2.1
From: William Tracy
Date: 5 Feb 2008 01:30:56
Message: <47a802a0$1@news.povray.org>
Nicolas Alvarez wrote:
> Remember I can't use radiosity on the renderfarm due to the artifacts
> that appear on tiled radiosity renders.

Question: How well does radiosity hold up across multiple frames if each
frame can be made into one tile?

Though, for the animation I have in mind, a light dome would probably be
more than adequate. Which means that I could spend the render time on
scattering media instead! :-D

--
William Tracy
afi### [at] gmailcom -- wtr### [at] calpolyedu

This summer...There is another word for EXCITEMENT!
Roget's Thesaurus: The Motion Picture
     -- posted by dr_dank on Slashdot