POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.general : No more IRTC? : Re: No more IRTC? Server Time
1 Jun 2024 12:27:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: No more IRTC?
From: Larry Hudson
Date: 4 Feb 2008 21:51:14
Message: <47a7cf22$1@news.povray.org>
Trevor G Quayle wrote:
> Perhaps moving to a system where the topic is only a single word.  This can
> surely be understandable to most while leaving the possibility open for
> anywhere from narrow to broad interpretation, simple to complex scenes.  It may
> be more palatable to a lot of artists who don't want to jump into full detailed
> scenes as opposed to more simple or abstract ones.  Even the topic "glass" as
> mentioned could have lots of possibilities beyond the obvious, and surely
> getting lots of entries is better than only getting a handful.
> Just a thought...
>
> -tgq

Perhaps this is what you really mean, but instead of limiting the topics
to a single word, I would suggest that this be expanded to allow short
phrases that imply a single concept.  For example (taken directly from
the IRTC):  Imaginary Worlds, Spectacular Landscapes, Toys & Games,
Forces of Nature, and similar.

      -=- Larry -=-