POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The Honeymoon (WIP) : Re: The Honeymoon (WIP) Server Time
2 Aug 2024 06:20:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Honeymoon (WIP)
From: M a r c
Date: 2 Feb 2008 07:59:47
Message: <47a46943@news.povray.org>

web.47a4542ae4871622120b4440@news.povray.org...
> that noria_martin scene is damn good-looking! :)

Thank you :)

> the only criticism is that the palm tree trunks should be slightly curved.
> The
> leaves are great, though!

The date trees I saw (only photographs)  had a rather straight trunk.
Mine have a slight turbulence but not very visible there.
Palms are better seen from distance. I recently noticed a palm finger
orientation problem.
I'm trying to understand my own code right now but it is dirty and made with
a lot of try/error process.
I use functions I don't understand well. I'm struggling with vector 3D
rotations around 3D rotated axis.

Marc