POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : SF: Scenic Landscape : Re: Scenic Landscape Server Time
2 Aug 2024 00:12:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Scenic Landscape
From: Sven Littkowski
Date: 31 Jan 2008 23:25:07
Message: <47a29f23$1@news.povray.org>
Hi everyone!

Thanks a lot for your comments, I love to hear from you!

HERESY:
Oh! Oh! Oh! Don't burn me! Please! You're right, kind of. But my POV
landscaping skills are way not sufficient enough to get the same result! I
would need some forest generator...

JAMAICA:
Hmm, you researched well. Yes, I live and work in Jamaica. But these hills
are just some result I got in Bryce, when I experimented. In fact, they
remind me more for some of these mountaineous landscapes you see in China. I
liked what Bryce gave me, and worked out the rest.

MOONS:
Yes! Well recognized! I had a dual system in mind (a dual planet system),
such as Pluto and Charon. This moon is pretty big, and because I know of the
important role mass has in such a system, I stated already that the big moon
consists of light elements only. Who knows - maybe that moon was once
catched when it came as traveller from outer space (where the
POV-programmers are from?). That's why it has an entirely different
combination of materials than the other planets and moons in this system.

Sven