POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Forest macro : Re: Forest macro Server Time
2 Aug 2024 00:15:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Forest macro
From: Alain
Date: 31 Jan 2008 16:01:29
Message: <47a23729$1@news.povray.org>
William Tracy nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2008/01/31 02:33:
> Okay, this probably isn't enough trees to count as a forest, but that's
> not the point. :-)
>
> I'm playing with a macro that lays out trees over a landscape. It
> generates clumps with random size and spread, and randomly scales and
> rotates individual trees.
>
> It also accepts an array of objects for trees. It randomly picks an
> array entry for each tree it "plants". The given screenshot uses three
> different tree meshes generated with PovTree.
>
> PovTree generates include files with the tree mesh in the variable
> "TREE". I can import several PovTree includes with code like this:
>
> #declare treeShape = array[3];
> #include "linden-lowres1.inc"
> #declare treeShape[0] = TREE;
> #include "linden-lowres2.inc"
> #declare treeShape[1] = TREE;
> #include "linden-lowres3.inc"
> #declare treeShape[2] = TREE;
>
> Finally, the landscape is a mesh generated by my very own "Poor man's
> Terragen" program. :-) (Actually, it's the same mesh is used in my
> "RSOCL" image.)
>
> Come to think of it, everything in this image is a mesh. And the other
> objects I planned on adding to this image are meshes made in Wings3D. I
> should title the image Mesh World. 8-/

Nice. With a little yellower ground, and different trees, it could pass as a dry
tropical forest. They are, acording to what I saw of them in documentarys,
relatively sparce.

--
Alain
If you're ever about to be mugged by a couple of clowns, don't hesitate - go for