POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Forest macro : Re: Forest macro Server Time
2 Aug 2024 00:18:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Forest macro
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 31 Jan 2008 03:15:17
Message: <47a18395$1@news.povray.org>
Interestingly enough, in 1999 Mark Wagner wrote something identical called
Vegetate. It was based on the same principles. It included collision
detection, exclusion areas and water levels, slope and timberlines, and a
couple of other fancy parameters. It has been some time since I last used it
(I don't even know if it works well with v.3.6). It probably is still
available somewhere.

All this not meaning that you should quit now :-)   but it is interesting to
see how things come up again and again sometimes.

However, keep on!

Thomas