POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I found this interesting : Re: I found this interesting Server Time
2 Oct 2024 16:27:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I found this interesting
From: andrel
Date: 6 Apr 2008 16:03:26
Message: <47F92CAE.80600@hotmail.com>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:
>>> I'm pretty sure that Andy is perfectly able to write a decent report.
>>
>> He said he isn't. So who am I going to believe.
>
> I'm good at writing short, unstructured things. When trying to explain
> big concepts, I have trouble figuring out where to start and what order
> to say things in.

My way of looking at a text or presentation: Look at it as if it is a
program. The conclusions are the main routine. The lines in the
conclusions call various subroutines (aka the previous sections and
slides) that can in turn call other subroutines (paragraphs). You should
therefore be able to draw a flowchart of the concepts in your text. A
text is good if 1) no external subroutines are called (i.e. everything
is defined within the text or common knowledge to the audience) 2) there
are no dead branches. 3) all subroutines are define before use or
explicitly declared as something to fill in later.
When I said that a programmer should be able to write a decent report
(or give a good presentation for that matter) because the skills
required are the same, the above is what I meant.