POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The fat lady takes the stage... : Re: The fat lady takes the stage... Server Time
1 Oct 2024 15:22:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The fat lady takes the stage...
From: andrel
Date: 31 Mar 2008 17:58:16
Message: <47F16CA6.2080002@hotmail.com>
Stephen wrote:
> On Mon, 31 Mar 2008 21:10:23 +0200, andrel <a_l### [at] hotmailcom>
> wrote:
>
>> Good, and remember, rehearse with someone before you go.
>
> But not up to the last minute, go down to the dojo and get thrown
> around a bit beforehand :)
I'd say once, a week beforehand and if you have to change a lot and you
have not much experience possibly one more time.
> Seriously don't over rehearse, it takes the edge off. Have you ever
> spoken in public? My advice is to have a few written notes to keep you
> on track and speak to someone in the audience, preferably a colleague
> in the know.
My advice would be to find out what you're best way is. I don't use
notes at all (I used to have them, but in practice I never looked at
them, so why bother?). My slides should provide all the guidance I need.
Most people have indeed short notes, some have key sentences on paper,
and some don't feel comfortable if they don't have the entire thing in
front of them. If you don't read them aloud but have them in case you
loose track that is OK.
> But then once I throw the "speaking in public switch" I have in my
> head, I'm another person (the one advantage of having multiple
> personality disorder). :-)
yeah, something like that. One shy and quit one for daily use, a
talkative one for public occasions and an evil one for p.o-t to name a few.