POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The fat lady takes the stage... : Re: The fat lady takes the stage... Server Time
1 Oct 2024 15:24:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The fat lady takes the stage...
From: andrel
Date: 31 Mar 2008 14:09:53
Message: <47F1371F.6060107@hotmail.com>
Gail Shaw wrote:
> "andrel" <a_l### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message
> news:47E### [at] hotmailcom...
>
>> What is the problem in speaking at conferences? Done that a lot, never
>> really had a problem with it. Sure, a bit of stage fright just before
>> the session, but that is normal, I guess. Definitely nothing to be
>> scared about years in advance as a great (possibly virtual) monster
>> looming at the horizon.
>
> Just nerves. I haven't done public speaking since high school days. Plus the
> people in the audience will be knowledgable about the field (unlike public
> speaking) and some may know more than I do.
> I'm not scared or anything. More a bit intimidated.

There is a simple rule: when you are up there, you know more about the
subject than anybody in the audience. Otherwise you wouldn't be there.
Simple as that.
Even if someone gives you a hard time, people will comfort you later.
Because that is not the objective. Anyone who does that looses respect
from the community.

> Depending how things go, first one might be late this year

Good, and remember, rehearse with someone before you go. People seem to
think they can do without. Possibly if you are natural gifted. After 20
times. Rehearsals are also good for streamlining your slides, not too
little, not too much. But you knew that ;)