POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : NearInfinity game demo : Re: NearInfinity game demo Server Time
1 Oct 2024 15:23:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: NearInfinity game demo
From: andrel
Date: 26 Mar 2008 16:54:53
Message: <47EAC649.7080705@hotmail.com>
stbenge wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I made a game demo featuring a near-infinite landscape. I say
> "near-infinite", because computers as they stand now cannot produce a
> string of random numbers which do not repeat. But you can get close, so
> close in fact that I bet you will never see my demo repeat itself.
>
> Here's the file:
> http://www.caltel.com/~abenge/NearInfinity.zip
>
> And a screen shot:
> http://www.caltel.com/~abenge/NIscreen.jpg
>
> You can change many aspects of the program via "NI.ini", included in the
> zip.
>
> You will need DirectX 8.0 or higher and the Windows operating system to
> run this program.

It doesn't work on my win2000 machine. reinstalled DirectX 8.1 but still
no luck. I get the HGE splash screen followed by a notice that NI
generated errors and that I had to restart the program. NI.log does not
seem too informative:
HGE Started..

HGE version: 1.70
Date: 26.03.2008, 22:53:37

Application: NearInfinity 2008 Sam Benge
OS: Windows 5.0.2195
Memory: 1048032K total, 453348K free

D3D Driver: nv4_disp.dll
Version: 6.14.10.9371