POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.object-collection : (First?) Contribution Drive: Office Supplies : Re: (First?) Contribution Drive: Office Supplies Server Time
26 Apr 2024 20:03:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: (First?) Contribution Drive: Office Supplies
From: Jim Charter
Date: 29 Jan 2008 16:22:23
Message: <479f990f$1@news.povray.org>
Chambers wrote:
> OK, after one week, I've had a submission from one person.
>
> Unfortunately, I was hoping for more than this :(
>
> So, I have a couple of questions:
>
> 1) Who would participate if given more time?
> 1b) How much more time would you realistically ask for?
>
> and,
>
> 2) Who would participate with a different subject?
> 2b) What subjects would interest you?

I am working on something but it takes awhile in POV, especially when
trying to answer to the constraints of
a) coming up with something even worth doing, ie something more than a
model someone could knock off on their own in a few hours
b) coming up with some sensible 'parametizing' of the model
c) coming up with a bullet-proof implementation that answers to the
necessary standards set out, but also to the scrutiny of the community here.

So in short, as it stands, the idea I had had is not worth releasing at
this point.  There are both current bugs in the implemetation I have as
well as overarching questions about the worth of the models even if I
did get the bugs out.

I think the subject is just fine, in fact more than just fine, I really
enjoyed researching the category for ideas.  My own inclination was
toward more antique office accessories and I was facinated to find sites
catering to collectors of such things.