POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : bush-like oddity [71.8k] : Re: bush-like oddity [71.8k] Server Time
2 Aug 2024 00:15:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: bush-like oddity [71.8k]
From: [GDS|Entropy]
Date: 29 Jan 2008 00:35:46
Message: <479ebb32$1@news.povray.org>
Thank you.

Coincidentally, this objects parent file is called blueTree...hows that for
some $hit? ;-)

The object is constructed by a total of three placement macros right now,
with tertiary object, rand, classifier etc.. helper macros.
It is very difficult not to treat macros like functions dammit!!
At times I long for a good ol' "private void foo(....) {....}"!! :-(

I've been messing with ways to make fractal-like trees/treelike objects, not
really ever intended to look anything like an actual tree ever, but instead
to re-learn sdl.

What is very funny is that I've made a rather nice one(not the posted one),
but it is all inside out and backwards. lol!
The big branches are where the little ones should go, whats on the inside is
on the outside....just a general mess. hehe..

I'm pretty sure I know what to do to fix it, right now it decrements
iteration, and it uses that value recursively, so I'm just going to change
to incerement, which should clear things up, I think.

Ian