POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Find the Easter Egg : Re: Find the Easter Egg Server Time
2 Aug 2024 08:11:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Find the Easter Egg
From: Alain
Date: 28 Jan 2008 09:24:13
Message: <479de58d$1@news.povray.org>
bluetree nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2008/01/27 13:11:
> "Thomas de Groot" <t.d### [at] internlDOTnet> wrote:
>> Nothing really wrong with this image, you know. A first scene? Infinitely
>> better than my first ever!
>> Try radiosity, just the default values, and see where it gets you. You will
>> get help on the way.
>>
>> Thomas
>
> That would be wonderful! Thank you!
> I read a little about radiosity, but I'm not sure about all options and how to
> use them exactly.
> I'll try it. Should I post the result (better: can I post it? The images are
> very big in size. I don't know why...)

The best way to learn about radiosity is to start with a relatively simple
sample scene using the default values. After that, you experiment changing the
various parameters, one at the time, and see the effect.
There are several radiosity sample scenes that come with POV-Ray, try them,
alter them...

--
Alain
You know you've been raytracing too long when you've gained twenty pounds