POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : an Escher-like image : Re: an Escher-like image Server Time
2 Aug 2024 06:15:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: an Escher-like image
From: Alain
Date: 25 Jan 2008 11:15:08
Message: <479a0b0c$1@news.povray.org>
jhu nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2008/01/24 19:23:
> There's still some problems with the render, such as those strange black
> splotches  on the table adjacent to the clear sphere

Nice, but it's so dark! Even pushing my monitor brightness to the max I still
loose most of it. Looks good after adjusting gamma by +2.
Maybe increasing the brightness of the sky.

You may try using:
pretrace_end 0.005, 0.0025 or 0.00125 for 1, 2 or 3 more pretraces steps.
nearest_count 20 // ask to average more samples. Maximum value.
count 1600 // Maximum value.
adc_bailout 0.01/5 //increase divider more if needed.
raising error_bound a little, maybe 0.08 to 0.12. This may at least reduce the
contrast of the dark spots.

Unless doing multipass, comment out always_sample 0

--
Alain
No man or woman is worth your tears, and the one who is, won't make you cry.