POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.object-collection : (First?) Contribution Drive: Office Supplies : Re: (First?) Contribution Drive: Office Supplies Server Time
26 Apr 2024 12:11:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: (First?) Contribution Drive: Office Supplies
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 23 Jan 2008 07:23:37
Message: <479731c9@news.povray.org>

news: web.479654af21a87b7ec150d4c10@news.povray.org...
> As I said, I don't think there is anything wrong with adding meshes, you
> could
> even combine a mesh and CSG for certain purposes, or multiple meshes.
> Think
> about the fan idea: make the housing, base and fan blade from seperate
> meshes,
> they could then be combined in a macro with appropriate variables to
> control
> the fan spin and housing oscillation for specific scenes, motion blur,
> animation etc., things that wouldn't be simple with a single mesh object.
>
> -tgq

For what it's worth, here's an example of posable mesh in POV-Ray.
http://www.oyonale.com/modeles.php?lang=en&page=55
The demo file contains a small macro that can be used to rotate and animate
the legs. I just had to copy the coordinates of the origin point (center of
rotation) for each leg part from the original model and then reorganise the
leg's hierarchy in POV-Ray.

G.

--
http://www.oyonale.com