POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : My wine cellar : Re: My wine cellar Server Time
2 Aug 2024 06:16:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My wine cellar
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 21 Jan 2008 05:21:51
Message: <4794723f$1@news.povray.org>
"Jim Charter" <jrc### [at] msncom> schreef in bericht

> For some reason the picture makes me think of this one:
> http://tinyurl.com/2cmtzx
>
> It's something about the mix of genre scene, wood planking and texture as
> a focus, steep foreshortening and backlighting for specular effect.

Ah, Caillebotte! Such a fascinating painter!
Interesting to observe how the strippers are doing their job: first
stripping the joints between planking, then the individual planks. This
might be dictated by the planks being not perfectly flat I assume...

Thomas