POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : My wine cellar : Re: My wine cellar Server Time
2 Aug 2024 00:19:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My wine cellar
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 20 Jan 2008 08:32:20
Message: <47934d64$1@news.povray.org>
"jhu" <nomail@nomail> schreef in bericht
news:web.479228a03b49c8247bcf5ca50@news.povray.org...
> Here's the image with ambient of 0 (except for the sky). I feel that there
> might
> need to be more objects in the room. But I don't know what

Jim said it all, and better than I would be able to, however there are a
couple of things that bother me here. One is the focus on the scene. What I
mean is that attention is attracted to the cellar primarily and then, as an
afterthought, one thinks "Oh! there are wine (?) casks here!". So, it
depends on what you feel is most important or, in other words, to find a way
to reconcile the casks with the surrounding space. Speaking of which, my
second point is: Is that daylight beyond the door? And if so, what are those
casks doing there, subjected to severe variations of temperature? Not good
at all for the wine!  :-)

Otherwise, I certainly do like your image. There are a lot of potentialities
there!

Thomas