POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : very simple RSOCP (461kb) : Re: very simple RSOCP (461kb) Server Time
2 Aug 2024 02:28:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: very simple RSOCP (461kb)
From: William Tracy
Date: 19 Jan 2008 01:27:24
Message: <4791984c$1@news.povray.org>
I assume that the various speckles in the canyon are isosurface
artifacts? When I first saw this image, the canyon shapes struck me as
high-rise buildings, and all the little dots as windows.

I'll also second the comment about the checkerboard seeming transparent.
Only the sphere's shadow convinces me that the board is indeed opaque.

Overall, a very nice variation on the RSOCP theme.

Come to think of it, I don't remember ever posting an RSOCP myself...

--
William Tracy
afi### [at] gmailcom -- wtr### [at] calpolyedu

You know you've been raytracing too long when you concentrate so hard on
the effects watching "Toy Story" that you honestly don't have a clue as
to what the story was about.
    -- Taps a.k.a. Tapio Vocadlo