POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Sphere over checkered plane, with area_illumination : Re: Sphere over checkered plane, with area_illumination Server Time
2 Aug 2024 00:14:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sphere over checkered plane, with area_illumination
From: Alain
Date: 17 Jan 2008 11:43:42
Message: <478f85be$1@news.povray.org>
Zeger Knaepen nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2008/01/16 19:15:
> area_illumination is your addition to POV-Ray where an area_light gives much
> more realistic results in diffuse and specular lighting, right?
>
> I was wondering, does it also affect photons?
>
> nice image btw :) love the soft lighting!
>
> cu!
For the photons, you need to add "area_light" in the light's photons block. Not
a new feature.

light_source{10 color rgb 1 area_light 2*x,2*z 17,17
	photons{area_light}
	}

--
Alain
You know you've been raytracing too long when you read about an algorithm or