POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Beta 24 Linux x86_64 on Ubuntu 7.10 : X server error : Transparency problem (Was: Re: Beta 24 Linux x86_64 on Ubuntu 7.10 : X server error) Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:16:51 EDT (-0400)
  Transparency problem (Was: Re: Beta 24 Linux x86_64 on Ubuntu 7.10 : X server error)
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 14 Jan 2008 14:25:08
Message: <478bb714$1@news.povray.org>
nemesis wrote:
> hey, Jaime!  Do you also get a transparent preview window on Ubuntu?  It's
> almost impossible to see anything.  I just turn it off and get previews from
> the file manager.  Unfortunately, I can't get previews of radiosity during the
> pretrace stage that way...

   No, I don't have the transparency problem because I use WIndowMaker, but
still it shows garbage instead. The "solution" was posted some weeks ago (I
don't remember who was the poster), and it is to use the visual option to
select a different color mode:

   povray ... -visual DirectColor

   DirectColor works for me, but YMMV...

--