POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : radiosity and bunnies : Re: radiosity and bunnies Server Time
2 Aug 2024 02:19:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: radiosity and bunnies
From: stbenge
Date: 14 Jan 2008 13:09:25
Message: <478ba555@news.povray.org>
nemesis wrote:
> Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
>> The shadows are too sharp for such a huge area light.
>
> that's right!  There's no area_light and it took already 3 hours!  There's also
> that horrible hemisphere spot where the ceiling touches the front wall.

I usually get such artifacts when using reflection/refraction in my
radiosity scene.

> I'll eventually add other furniture, area_light and play around the radiosity
> settings.  And get rid of one of the bunnies!  The radiosity calculations get
> stuck in the mesh for ages!

Hmm, is the bunny mesh unaltered? If so, you can play with the
'decimate' modifier in Blender to reduce the number of triangles in the
mesh. Since the bunnies are small, the scene won't suffer if the meshes
are somewhat simpler.

It's a nice scene, at any rate. You're a patient guy (but not as patient
as the ones who wait >day for a render! [I'm not one of them...]).

Sam