POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : !RSOCP (62kbbu) : !RSOCP (62kbbu) Server Time
2 Aug 2024 02:24:10 EDT (-0400)
  !RSOCP (62kbbu)
From: John VanSickle
Date: 13 Jan 2008 15:53:07
Message: <478a7a33@news.povray.org>
This is not a reflective sphere over a checkered plane.

It is a cube, subdivided five times using the Catmull-Clark subdivision
scheme.  There are 6144 faces in the resulting polygon mesh, which are
rendered as 12288 triangles in POV-Ray.

I'm rewriting my surface subdivision macros to use the Catmull-Clark
scheme because I am updating my modeler to use faces with more than four
vertices.  Because the number of faces in the original mesh can vary
quite a bit, the macros have to be completely rewritten from the ground
up, and as you can see from this pic, I don't have normal interpolation
implemented yet.  I also don't have texture mapping turned on, either.

When these are working and I've written the .INC file export in my
modeler to match it, the new version (v1.7, which also supports .OBJ
file import) will be released, and then I'll start work on a posing and
key-framing and all that.

Regards,
John

Post a reply to this message