POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Rendering issues : Re: Rendering issues Server Time
2 Aug 2024 08:11:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rendering issues
From: Alain
Date: 13 Jan 2008 13:00:16
Message: <478a51b0@news.povray.org>
nemesis nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2008/01/12 22:28:
> I can't help but ask why, why not simply normals?  it's not even a close up...
>
> there's enough issues with coincident surfaces in plain CSG, put isosurfaces to
> the mix and you're asking for trouble...

Normals would give you different results, the sadows would be different, as well
as the continuation between the different surfaces. That's even if you apply the
normals to the object as a whole. Even at this scale you'd have large difference.

--
Alain
REMEMBER: WHATEVER HAPPENS, HAPPENS FOR A REASON.