POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Vector Test Results : Re: Vector Test Results Server Time
2 Aug 2024 02:19:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Vector Test Results
From: Nicolas Alvarez
Date: 11 Jan 2008 17:25:29
Message: <4787ecd9$1@news.povray.org>

> "St." <dot### [at] dotcom> wrote:
>> Was there a point to this and your original 'Vector' post?
>
> I think it's just a bit of a mental game.  We often try to get our computer
> renders to look super-realistic, but tend to think that fine photos look
> rendered...

Or like when you see a rendered simulation (eg. fluid) and you find some
details that don't look real. Then you watch nature very closely and
notice the simulation was actually right.

I find that more often with skies. Most "good" rendered skies are
similar cyan-sky-white-clouds, wjem om fact a lot more strange
variations (colors, cloud shapes, etc) happen in nature.