POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : vector? : Re: vector? Server Time
2 Aug 2024 08:18:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: vector?
From: Chris B
Date: 8 Jan 2008 19:49:00
Message: <478419fc@news.povray.org>
"Alain" <ele### [at] netscapenet> wrote in message
> Chris B nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2008/01/08 11:03:
>> As Nemesis mentioned, the face looks a little smooth, but some touching
>> up in photoshop could make a photo look like that.
> Or the model is Chinese or from another Asian country. They look prety
> ageless and very smooth faced at any age under 50.

Hmm. I meant more from a photo vs. rendering point of view rather than as a
comment about her complexion :-). Scanned images and digital photos tend to
introduce pixel-level variations which are visible in this image if you zoom
into other seemingly smooth regions. They're absent when you zoom into the
cheeks on this lady's face. Instead you get contours of uniformly graded
areas, which leads me to think that this is more likely to be a rendered
part of the image.

Or am I cheating :-)

Regards,
Chris B.