POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Water and Photons...don't ask me why.. : Re: Water and Photons...don't ask me why.. Server Time
2 Aug 2024 02:26:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Water and Photons...don't ask me why..
From: [GDS|Entropy]
Date: 5 Jan 2008 00:03:31
Message: <477f0fa3$1@news.povray.org>
"Leef_me" <nomail@nomail> wrote in message
news:web.477e9fd0551b88bb2a7b15450@news.povray.org...

> Can we ask "why not?" It looks odd, but pretty nice to me.

Well thank you. ;-)
I think this file was one of those "screwing around" files because I coded
it awfully, and it would seem I got chunks of it (textures/settings) from
other places.
But I really don't know anymore.

> Can we ask "how ?"
>>render this in under a few months time
>
> .... uh, nevermind

Well its not so bad now, it only took 30-45min on a e6600 w/4Gb. I forgot
exactly, I had a few after rendering this, so..
I'm not on some super machine or anything...keep in mind the first attemt to
render this was made on a 350mhz w/64mb...

Hmm...apparently I have some "high quality" settings which I have commented
out.
Lets just see what that does, shall we?

You know, looking at the code, I *think* its only possible use was to
emulate the appearance of a fountain of some kind, perhaps a beta for the
water flowing from one of those tiered fountains....I have no idea now.

Ian